Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My plan?

As a third term senior in the lovely life that is high school, I never go a day without being asked what I want to do with my life. What do I want to do? Here's what I want to do. Here's a Top 10 List of what I want to do with my life, a sort of homage to genius Nick Hornby's superstah 'High Fidelity'. Maybe I can just have my parents, teachers, guidance counselors, family, friends, family friends, acquaintances, strangers, etc check out this here thing so they don't have to look at the blank look on my face when they ask me that most beloved question.


1. Go to College. Pretty much a given, seeing as how I've already been accepted. I might as well add this in, seeing as how it's been my entire life dream.

2. Graduate from College. Again, a given. But all the same, I'd rather not die from some sorority hazing ritual or beer bong malfunction. I'd like to make it through without any shenanigans.

3. Have some sort of association with film/television. Film is my preference, but television would fit me fine. I'm a realist. I don't pretend to believe that Hollywood is a nice place, nor is it exactly budding with opportunities for an unoriginal, unspecial, 18 year-old girl from a town in Massachusetts with a population of 18,000. Just saying, it'd be pretty sweet. I've only been obsessed with media since I was, like, conceived.

4. Live in NYC. This would be made infinitely easier if I just killed those two damn birds with one hunka stone and went to college in NYC, but I'm not prone to taking the easy way out.

5. Travel. I was going to pick a particular country, but I can't choose. It's naive of me, but I want to go everywhere. Europe, Africa, freakin' Antarctica, I don't care. I just want to see different types of people. I'd say my Top 5 places are: England, Italy, Spain, New Zealand, annnnnd the island from Lost.

6. Write a screenplay or a book, or a book that I plan to turn into a screenplay. I'm a writer at heart, you might not know it from my complete lack of, well, skillz, but it's pretty much all I've ever been able to do well.

7. Lose weight and maintain it. This is a really personal issue for me right now because I've been trying really hard to lose weight for a few months and it's been a really huge struggle. I'm often told that I'm really attractive and beautiful and sexy. I'm not saying this to be conceited. I'm not conceited because I don't ever really believe it.

8. Go on a hard-core road trip with my friends. Nuff said.

9. Take a picture everyday. Forever. Or, for as long as I feel like taking a picture of myself. Now this is inspired by the truly amazing Noah video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B26asyGKDo). I've been wanting to do this for a while and just never got around to it. I don't know why. It's not like it's hard.

10. Love, actually? As I've said, I'm a realist. I'm also an extremely practical and guarded person. I've found that practicality, guardedness, and love don't really mesh too well together. If it happens, cool. If not, well, then the practical side of me will say "Who cares? Men are only here for procreation."

You'll notice family and marriage are not on here. Well, that's because I don't know what I want out of my life after college besides having an absolutely bomb job. I'll only know what I want when I get to that point in my life. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: